Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What's in a name

Brett and I had the twin's names picked out very early on.  We had two boys names, two girls names and then our first pick of each.  We did not find out what we were having, so the day of the birth was a complete surprise.  We both wanted names that held a special meaning to both of us.  Maxwell will have a lot to live up to with his name.  Maxwell was the name of Brett's grandfather.  Brett was very close to him and he held a special place in both of our hearts.  Joshua was my brothers first name.  My brother passed away 22 years ago and I have always wanted my first born son to carry on his name.  The name Addilynn was thought of by Brett.  I have always loved the name Abigail and call her Abby, but Brett didn't really like it.  I remembered that Brett had a great grandma Addi and it was a name that we both liked, and it was also a family name.  Now, I didn't want her name to be just Addi, so Brett came up with Addilynn.  Addi's middle name is Grace which was my Grandmothers first name.  At the time of her passing, I was her only granddaughter and she gave me her wedding ring that I now wear today.

No comments:

Post a Comment